January 08, 2009

The Rose That Grew From Concrete

This is in response to a blog prompt on Digital Scrapbook Place: Happy Birthday Elvis! Who is your favorite singer that is no longer living?


I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard that Tupac had died. It was September 13, 1996 and I was in the truck of my ex boyfriends father waiting for him to come out of a friends house. Of course, I had heard that he was shot 6 days earlier, but I assumed that this would be like the last time. He would recover, and come back with another hit cd. Rap music was not something that I listened to a lot of, I was more of a pop music fan. But, there was something about him that immediately turned me into a fan the first time I heard his music. I cried like ababy.



In the Event of My Demise
by Tupac Shakur


In the event of my Demise
when my heart can beat no more
I Hope I Die For A Principle
or A Belief that I had Lived 4
I will die Before My Time
Because I feel the shadow’s Depth
so much I wanted 2 accomplish
before I reached my Death
I have come 2 grips with the possibility
and wiped the last tear from My eyes
I Loved All who were Positive
In the event of my Demise



blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin