Conversation between Princess Amber and myself.
Mommy: Amber, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Amber: (No hesitation whatsoever) A Mom.
Amber: But wait Mom, who are you going to marry?
Mommy: What do you mean marry? I am already married to your dad.
Amber: But I am going to marry him when I grow up.
Mommy: But sweetie, you won't be able to marry your daddy. It's not allowed.
Amber: NOOOOOO! (She proceeds to throw herself on the floor and cry for the next 20 minutes)
How can I explain to a 4 year old that she just cannot marry her Daddy? I never thought that my little question would provoke such drama.

Mommy: Amber, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Amber: (No hesitation whatsoever) A Mom.
Amber: But wait Mom, who are you going to marry?
Mommy: What do you mean marry? I am already married to your dad.
Amber: But I am going to marry him when I grow up.
Mommy: But sweetie, you won't be able to marry your daddy. It's not allowed.
Amber: NOOOOOO! (She proceeds to throw herself on the floor and cry for the next 20 minutes)
How can I explain to a 4 year old that she just cannot marry her Daddy? I never thought that my little question would provoke such drama.











